Whether you are looking to unwind with a hot drink before bed, or ease a malady, this will be your cup of tea. This is a great wellness tonic for people looking to ease inflammation, and boost immunity. I especially recommend it for people with eczema, psoriasis, lupus, or acne. If you want to use this tea to help with your skin problems, I suggest drinking it in both the AM and PM daily.
Often acne and eczema arise when there is inflammation present in the skin, or your body is having trouble keeping your skin free of bacteria. Lemon can also work to improve skin, and throat health due to its blood purifying properties and high vitamin c content. Here are some of the benefits of this tea, there are so many it’s hard to list!
Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties in holistic medicine, here are some benefits (courtesy of Dr. Andrew Weil):
- Curcumin the main pharmacological agent in Turmeric, has been clinically proven to reduce inflammation comparable to results had with western drugs.
- Natural liver detoxifier.
- Powerful anti-bacterial/antiseptic.
- Anti-inflammitory similar to turmeric.
- Aids with digestion and heartburn.
- Natural antiseptic.
- Aids with digestion. Proper digestion is essential for getting all the nutrients out of your food, and keeping your skin clear.
- Vitamin C keeps immunity up, and helps with throat health during illness.
To brew a pot of tea for 4 people:
- 3 inch piece of fresh ginger cut into slivers
- 2 tsp. ground organic turmeric
- two lemons, juiced
- 4 tbs. honey, or to taste
To Prepare: Boil hot water. Once it’s boiled, put into a teapot. Mix in the turmeric, lemon juice, honey and the slivered ginger. Stir well. Cover and steep for 5 mins. Serve!
Be well! Lots of Love and Aloha, Ali